Pro Pie Baking Tips: Here's the Secret to Flakier Pie Crust for National Pie Day by Laura Fuentes
Pie is delicious, but a great crust makes it even better. Did you know that by freezing your pie crust first, you will get a flakier pie crust? Here's how to make the most delicious and flakiest pie crust in town:
- Make your dough and divide it by rolling the dough to create two round disks.
- Wrap them in plastic wrap or put them in a quart-sized zipper food storage bag. Freeze the crust for up to four months.
- When you're ready to use it, simply remove it from the freezer and set it on the counter for 15 to 20 minutes then roll it out.
Here are some more pie crust tips I've learned over the years:
- Use ice-cold butter or shortening.
- Leave some butter or fat chunks in the dough.
- Use water sparingly.
- Make a disc out of the prepared dough.
- Always refrigerate your pie dough.
- Turn the dough as you're rolling it out.
- Chill your pie plate before putting the dough into it.
Do you have a pie-baking tip? Share it below!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $8 & Up
Pie Weights $4 & Up
Pie Cookbooks $3 & Up
Rolling Pins $6 & Up
Plastic Food Zipper Bags $3 & Up
Plastic Wrap $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.