Easy Pickled Okra Recipe: The Best Southern Pickled Okra Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Crisp and acidic, this pickled okra recipe is super easy to make. If you plan on storing the okra, sterilize the jars and process them 10 minutes in boiling water after filling.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes plus 1 week to marinate
Servings: Makes 5 pint jars
- 3 pounds okra, washed and stems trimmed
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/3 cup canning and pickling salt
- 3 cups water
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine vinegar, salt and water in large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Put a clove of garlic into each jar. Add crushed red pepper flakes, if using. Pack the okra tightly into the jars, leaving about 1/2 inch at the top.
- Pour the brine over the okra. Seal the jars. Let them cool at room temperature. Refrigerate at least one week before eating.
Note: For longer storage, sterilize and process the jars.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.