Easy Turmeric Pickled Eggs Recipe Is Your Golden Ticket to Nutrition by 30Seconds Food
Bright golden yellow, these tasty turmeric eggs will brighten up any dish you add them to. This turmeric pickled egg recipe is a healthy, protein-rich snack or just right for slicing into a salad, potato salad or pasta salad. And don't forget egg salad!
If you want to add some spice to the eggs, add a pinch or two of ground cayenne pepper into the brine. These eggs will keep in the refrigerator for several months.
Cuisine: American / Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 week to marinate
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus 1 week to marinate
- 12 medium hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the vinegar, water, sea salt, ginger, garlic, ground turmeric, peppercorns and bay leaf in a saucepot. Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. Carefully remove the ginger, garlic and bay leaf.
- Put the eggs into a quart mason jar or other large jar. Pour the brine over the eggs. Let the eggs cool. Put the lid on the jar and refrigerate for at least 1 week. Occasionally shake the jar gently over the week so all areas of the eggs turn yellow.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
White Vinegar $2 & Up
Whole Peppercorns $3 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.