Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables & Chicken Cobb-Style Salad Recipe Is Healthy & Delish by Donna John
With my raised garden overflowing with lettuce and leftover Parmesan-crusted lemon chicken breasts, marinated roasted brussels sprouts and boiled tiny potatoes, I knew a salad was on the menu for dinner. What I didn't know is that I would feel like grilling vegetables and end up with a fabulous Mediterranean grilled vegetable and chicken salad. Yum!
The healthiest salad dressing for this vegetable-heavy salad is a drizzle of olive oil and then squeezing the grilled lemon over the top. Tasty! But if you're craving a creamy salad dressing, go for it! It is just as delicious. I used Parmesan ranch dressing and have no regrets.
Cuisine: Mediterranean / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- spring mix salad greens or your favorite lettuce
- cooked chicken breast, sliced (I used a leftover Parmesan-crusted lemon chicken breasts)
- cooked tiny potatoes
- roasted brussels sprouts (I used leftover marinated roasted brussels sprouts)
- Kalamata olives
- roasted banana peppers or pepperoncini
- grape tomatoes
- grilled lemon halves
- grilled red onions
- grilled eggplant slices (I used a thin Asian eggplant)
- grilled green onions
- shredded Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the eggplant and red onions in slices. Put the eggplant, onions, green onions, lemon halves and banana peppers onto a plate. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put them onto a hot grill and cook until softened and beginning to char. Remove and cool.
- Mound salad greens on a plate. Add the sliced chicken breast, potatoes, brussels sprouts, Kalamata olives, tomatoes and grilled vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- For the dressing, either drizzle with olive oil and then squeeze the grilled lemon over the top, or top with your favorite salad dressing.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.