Cheesy Baked Gnocchi Casserole Recipe With Butternut Squash & Spinach by Melissa Vickers
I was in a mood at the grocery store the other day and bought a package of gnocchi on the pasta aisle. I’ve never cooked gnocchi before, so once I had it, I had to figure out what to do with it.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) potato gnocchi, cooked according to package directions and rinsed under cold water
- 2 packages (10 ounces) frozen butternut squash, cooked according to package directions
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen steamable spinach
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups milk or cream (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 3/4 - 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Combine cooked gnocchi, squash, spinach, eggs, milk, nutmeg and sage. Toss with half of cheese. Pour into a greased round baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 45 to 50 minutes.
Note: What I really meant to use with this recipe instead of the milk was jarred alfredo sauce, but I dumped in the milk before remembering that. However, a little alfredo sauce dribbled on top just adds a little more creamy goodness!
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.