20-Minute Cheesy Ground Beef Cabbage Casserole Recipe Is Tasty & Low Carb by Donna John
Cabbage is a favorite for many people, especially if they're trying to lose weight. Not only is it easy to prepare and delicious, but cabbage has many health benefits and is keto friendly. This easy, cheesy cabbage recipe is quick to make, cooks in one pan and is super tasty.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped or shredded green cabbage or 1 bag (10 ounces) cole slaw mix (I used a 10-ounce bag of angel hair cole slaw)
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with their liquid (I used fire-roasted diced tomatoes)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded regular or low-fat cheddar cheese, or your favorite (I used a combination of shredded cheddar, Swiss and Gruyere)
Here's how to make it:
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef, onion and garlic until meat is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.
- Add the cabbage, diced tomatoes with their liquid, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and cook until cabbage is softened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top with the cheese. Cover and allow the cheese to melt.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Fire-roasted Tomatoes $2 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.