20-Minute Shells & Cheese Skillet Recipe With Ground Meat Is a Budget-friendly Meal by 30Seconds Food
The price of food is going through the roof. But no matter how high it gets because of inflation, we still have to feed our families. Ground meat (beef, chicken and turkey) is a budget-friendly ingredient, especially combined with pantry staples.
This easy shells and cheese skillet recipe starts with a boxed macaroni and cheese dinner. The addition of a few pantry ingredients turns it into a filling meal that kids and adults will enjoy digging into.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef, ground chicken or ground turkey
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- 1 box (12 ounces) shells and cheese dinner
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the meat in a skillet. Drain fat.
- Add the milk, ketchup, mustard, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir and bring to a boil. Add the pasta. Return to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add the cheese packet and sour cream. Stir until combined.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Shells and Cheese Dinners $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.