Creamy Ranch Salad Dressing Recipe With Feta Is History in the Making by Ann Marie Patitucci
Ranch dressing was created by Steve Henson, a plumber from Nebraska, who had moved with his wife in 1954 to a ranch in California, which they named Hidden Valley. Henson’s dressing was a hit and, as they say, the rest is history.
Ranch is still wildly popular today and used as far more than a dressing for salads. It’s certainly a favorite dressing and dip in my household. I also happen to love feta cheese, so this feta ranch salad dressing recipe makes everyone in my household happy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I prefer Hellmann's while my Southern friends prefer Duke's)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk (I use 2%)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until well-blended and creamy.
- Taste. Add additional seasoning, if needed. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Note: This dressing will keep well in your refrigerator for up to four days, though it will thicken up. To thin it, whisk and then add milk, little by little, until you reach the desired consistency.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Salad Dressing Cruets $5 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
Food Processors $30 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.