Cacio e Pepe Lasagna Recipe: This Creamy 5-Ingredient White Lasagna Recipe Is Delicious by Donna John
Cacio e pepe is an amazing Italian pasta dish created in Rome that's simply pasta, cheese and black pepper. This easy recipe is a twist on the classic, turning it into a lasagna!
You can bake this creamy cacio e pepe lasagna recipe in individual ramekins or in a shallow casserole baking dish like I did. Serve it as a vegetarian main dish or as a side dish. Next time I'll sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes on top before baking.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 container (15 to 16 ounces) ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or pecorino, plus more for top
- 1 - 2 teaspoons black pepper (I used about 1 teaspoon then sprinkled more on the top)
- olive oil
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the lasagna noodles until al dente, according to box directions. Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Add the ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and black pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture between four oiled 8-ounce ramekins or one shallow casserole dish. Top with more grated Parmesan and black pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until hot, bubbly and brown in spots.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8-ounce Ramekins $8 & Up
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Lasagna Noodles $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.