Tasty Turkey Taco Bowls Recipe: A Healthy Meal-Prep Recipe Using Ground Turkey by Sarah Amona
Prepping meals for the week not only saves your time and sanity, but can also help you eat healthier. This easy turkey taco bowl recipe is the perfect example.
The delish meal-prep recipe is made with lean ground turkey, healthy peppers and flavored with taco seasoning. They make a quick and delicious lunch or dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups mini sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
Here's how to make it:
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat with extra virgin olive oil. Place bell peppers in the skillet and sauté 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add the ground turkey breast with salt, pepper and taco seasoning. Use a spatula to break up the meat and mix in the seasonings. Cook until the meat is browned, stirring it frequently.
- Stir in the salsa then transfer to four containers filling with lettuce and mini peppers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Meal Prep Containers $7 & Up
Salsa $2 & Up
Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.