Creamy Ranch Dressing Recipe With Fresh Herbs Is a Low-Salt Version of the Classic by Donna John
My husband had a heart attack in 2016. That spurred my shopping spree for heart-healthy cookbooks and salt-free seasonings. This easy ranch dressing recipe from an American Heart Association cookbook has fresh herbs and is lower in sodium than most salad dressings.
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Servings: Makes about 1 3/4 cups
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (lowest salt variety you can find)
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours for flavors to blend together. Store in a salad dressing cruet.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.