Crispy German Chicken Recipe: Hähnchenkeulen Is the New Baked Chicken Recipe on the Block by Donna John
Hähnchenkeulen is a crispy German chicken recipe that has a flavorful sauce made with curry, paprika and other spices. This baked chicken was super easy to prepare, tender, crispy, juicy and packed with flavor.
When I first saw the finished product, I honesty thought I had burned it. But no! The seasoning blend darkens as it cooks, taking on a deep flavor. The taste was truly unique. I served it with hot sauerkraut with bacon and onions and crisp asparagus.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 6 - 10 bone-in chicken pieces (I used leg quarters)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or ground cayenne, to taste (I used paprika)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or dried rosemary (I used fresh)
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon honey
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the seasoning blend ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Put the chicken into a baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub the chicken all over with the seasoning blend.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (I basted it occasionally with the pan drippings.)
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ketchup $2 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Sweet Paprika $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Rosemary $3 & Up
Ground Cayenne $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.