Grandma's Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Recipe Is a Slice of Heaven by Donna John
My grandma had a recipe for raisin walnut deluxe pie in her recipe box. Hmm. I don't remember her ever making a pie with raisins. But then I read the entire recipe and saw the variation: chocolate chips and pecans. Ah-ha! My grandma made the variation of this pie recipe.
Full of chocolate and crunchy pecans, this easy old-fashioned pie recipe is a sweet slice of heaven. If you are a raisin lover, see the variation below.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 to 60 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell, chilled
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Here's how to make it:
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on low, beat the eggs slightly. Add the sugar, butter and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
Notes: You can substitute 1 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for the chocolate chips and pecans.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.