Quick Raspberry Curry Rice Recipe: An Exciting New Side Dish Recipe for Rice Lovers by Melissa Vickers
I don’t ordinarily think of raspberries as my “go to” ingredient for anything. I like the flavor OK, but just don’t think about it. I am discovering that it makes an interesting add-in for a dish to provide just a little sweet surprise.
Cuisine: Indian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes (approximately)
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked rice (I used a package of Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Jasmine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (I used Penzey's)
- 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves (I used Pensey's Raspberry Enlightenment, but you could use Simply Fruit Raspberry or your favorite) or 2 - 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 tomato, chopped small (Because my husband only eats tomatoes in sauce or in ketchup and not in chunks, I omitted)
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- When the rice is done, heat the oil and butter in a large pan over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add the curry powder and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add the rice and toss to coat.
- Drizzle in the raspberry preserves or honey. Stir in the tomato, if using, and cook just a minute to warm.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Raspberry Preserves $3 & Up
Raspberry Simply Fruit $3 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Jasmine $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.