This Easy Apple Oatmeal Muffins Recipe Has No Oil or Refined Sugar by Elisa Schmitz
My daughter, who is an extra-healthy eater, came home from college for spring break. I had to come up with a sugar- and oil-free breakfast recipe that tastes really good. Because she loves muffins, I came up with this easy apple oatmeal muffins recipe, and she gave it two thumbs up.
The bananas and applesauce in this oat muffin recipe ensure that the muffins are moist, despite not having any oil. These muffins are delicious served with butter and a drizzle of maple syrup (for those of us who want to splurge)! Cheers to better-for-you muffins!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 24 muffins
- 3 cups rolled oats (I used gluten-free quick cook oats)
- 1 cup flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups natural chunky applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups diced apples
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional mix-in
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional mix-in
Here's how to make it:
- Put all ingredients into a bowl. Mix until well combined. Add in optional mix-ins, if desired.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins. (I used liners, but if you prefer not to, then spray the muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.)
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rolled Oats $2 & Up
Gluten-free Rolled Oats $3 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $3 & Up
Chunky Applesauce $3 & Up
Maple Syrup $4 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Dried Cranberries $4 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.