Creamy Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe: A Chocolate Lover's Dream That's Easy to Make by Melissa Vickers
Years ago, the mother of my son gave me this easy recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Oh my! This chocolate cheesecake recipe is easy, decadent and full of chocolate-y goodness.
My son asks for this as a birthday cake, and being the devoted mom that I am, I’m happy to oblige! Serve this dessert recipe with a dollop of whipped cream or pour on a chocolate glaze and add fresh berries.
Prep Time: 30 minutes (including cooling down time)
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes (plus overnight in the refrigerator)
Servings: Makes 1 cheesecake
- 6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate (I’ve also used dark chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature (do not use fat-free cream cheese)
- 2 eggs
- 1 premade chocolate cookie crust (I use a store-bought Oreo crust)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Add in corn syrup, cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add cubed cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool enough to add the beaten eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the crust. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 45 minutes or until set. Chill overnight.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chocolate Pie Crust $3 & Up
Semisweet Baking Chocolate $4 & Up
Corn Syrup $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.