Quick Easter Cake Recipe: Simple & Fun Chocolate Easter Bunny Cake for Easter Day by Donna John
My sister-in-law made the cutest Easter cake using chocolate Easter bunnies, shredded coconut and jellybeans. So simple but so cute! This easy Easter cake recipe is a creative way to use that Easter candy and have a little fun with the kids.
The cake could be made ahead of time, or make it a family affair on Easter Day and decorate the baked cake after the big Easter egg hunt with all the goodies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes to bake cake
Total Time: 35 to 45 minutes
- box cake mix(es), plus ingredients to make it, or your favorite cake recipe
- vanilla frosting (1 can for 13x9-inch baking pan and 2 for half sheet baking pan)
- shredded coconut
- green food coloring
- chocolate Easter bunnies
Here's how to make it:
- Bake the cake according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Tint the coconut green by placing desired amount in a bowl or plastic zipper bag. Using a toothpick, add a little green food coloring. Knead or stir until color has evenly distributed.
- Frost the cooled cake with the vanilla frosting.
- Cover the bottom of the cake with the tinted coconut to look like grass.
- Place the chocolate covered Easter bunnies on the cake so they look like they're sitting on the grass.
- Add jellybeans.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Half Sheet Cake Pans $10 & Up
Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Cake Frosting $2 & Up
Chocolate Easter Bunnies $2 & Up
Jellybeans $2 & Up
Shredded Coconut $2 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.