Crispy Smashed Brussels Sprouts Recipe With Parmesan Is Just Wow by Donna John
Brussels sprouts are healthy and so tasty, which is why they are still the "it" vegetable. One of my favorite potato recipes is crunchy smashed potatoes, so why not do that with brussels sprouts? The result was this delish brussels sprouts recipe!
You can use whatever seasoning blend you like on the baked brussels sprouts, from dried herbs to everything bagel seasoning to Mediterranean seasoning. Save the brussels sprouts leaves that fall off during boiling and throw those on the baking pan, too. They get super crispy! So good.
Be very careful when smashing the brussels sprouts because the pan is oiled and they can move around. I found that smashing them on the kitchen towel and then moving them onto the pan was easiest.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- garlic powder, to taste (or your favorite seasonings)
- lemon wedge
Here's how to make it:
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the brussels sprouts and cook until tender, about 8 to 12 minutes depending on size.
- Remove the brussels sprouts to an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Dry the brussels sprouts on a clean kitchen towel.
- Oil a baking sheet with a little olive oil. Carefully smash the brussels sprout with the bottom of a heavy drinking glass or potato masher until flat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 10 minutes.
- Flip the brussels sprouts over and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Squeeze some lemon juice over the top, to taste. Continue to bake another 5 minutes or until crispy.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $8 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.