Crunchy Fried Pimento Cheese Balls Recipe: This Cheesy Southern Appetizer Recipe Is Addictive by 30Seconds Food
If you love our crispy broccoli cheese balls recipe, you are going to adore this easy fried pimento cheese balls recipe! Crispy on the outside with hot, melty pimento cheese on the inside, this is an addictive snack or appetizer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos (drain a drained jar)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 2 cups panko (divided)
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cheese, pimientos, flour, hot sauce and Creole seasoning in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Fold in the beaten egg whites and 1 cup of the panko. Stir to combine.
- Roll the mixture into approximately 24 balls.
- Put the remaining panko into a bowl. Dredge the balls in the panko.
- Heat about 2 cups of oil in a saucepot to 350 degrees F. Fry the balls a few at a time until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining balls. Serve hot.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.