Slow-Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe: Saucy, Flavorful Sloppy Joe Sandwich Recipe Is Family Pleasin' by Ann Marie Patitucci
This classic sloppy joe recipe is a crowd pleaser – and it’s budget-friendly, too. It’s even easier to make now with this slow-cooker recipe.
You can stretch this ground beef recipe even farther if you use slider buns. Bonus: it’s great for parties, tailgating, BBQs –any large gathering! In my house I consider this easy sandwich recipe a win because the whole family likes it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) ground pork sausage (can substitute turkey sausage)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hamburger buns (or a larger amount of slider buns)
Here's how to make it:
- On medium-high heat, brown beef and sausage with onion and bell pepper in a large Dutch oven (or skillet, cast iron ideally), stirring 10 minutes or until meats crumble and are no longer pink. Drain well.
- Place meat mixture into a slow cooker. Stir in tomato sauce and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Serve on hamburger buns or slider buns.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Yellow Mustard $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.