3-Ingredient Pulled Pork Recipe: This Slow-cooker Pork Recipe Has a Secret Ingredient by Ann Marie Patitucci
I've got a confession to make. Ready? I don’t cook much pork. Real talk: I’m intimidated by it and it's not my favorite meat, though my boys love it.
Good news: we all like pulled pork, including me, and it doesn’t get much easier than this slow-cooker pulled pork recipe. The easy slow-cooker recipe has only three ingredients and a few easy steps. If I can do it, so can you!
To make this easy three-ingredient gluten-free pulled pork recipe grab your slow cooker, a pork tenderloin, a can of root beer (aka secret ingredient) and a bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce. Put everything into a slow cooker and walk away. I told you it was easy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours and 5 minutes
- 1 pork tenderloin, pork shoulder or pork butt (about 2 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) root beer
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- My family prefers Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce, but use your favorite.
- Instead of root beer, you could use regular soda.
Here's how to make it:
- Place pork tenderloin in slow cooker and pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until pork will shred easily with a fork.
- Place cooked pork on a cutting board. Drain and discard the root beer. Shred pork and return it to the slow cooker.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the pork and stir to combine. Keep pork warm in slow cooker until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 1.4g
Saturated Fat: 0.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 88.2g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
Total Sugars: 79.7g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.