Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe: Put This Quick & Healthy Carrot Soup Recipe on Your Easter Menu by 30Seconds Food
The health benefits of carrots are undeniable. If you want to add a healthy dose of carrots into your diet, this creamy carrot soup recipe is a good first step. Flavored with a hint of ginger, this easy soup recipe is full of sweet carrot goodness.
The vibrant orange soup can be eaten hot or at room temperature. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and chopped fresh parsley for color. What a fun recipe to serve on Easter!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (or to taste)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14 ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the onions and carrots and cook about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and the ground ginger.
- Add the water and broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer gently about 20 to 25 minutes. Add the cream. Turn the heat off.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Ground Ginger $4 & Up
Low-Sodium Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.