Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe: A Fabulous Lemon Chicken Recipe From the Slow Cooker by Ann Marie G.H. Patitucci
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours (on high) or 3 hours (on low)
Total Time: 5 hours and 10 minutes (high) or 3 hours and 10 minutes (low)
Servings: 4 to 6
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken base, optional (I use Better Than Bouillon brand)
Here's how to make it:
- Add butter to a large skillet (cast iron, ideally) and melt on medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on the chicken and add it to the pan. Cook on each side for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker and cover it with lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and the rest of the butter, cut into square pieces. (Don't cook the lemons in the slow cooker.) Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk together the half and half, cornstarch and chicken base, if using. Add the liquid to the slow cooker, mix all ingredients and cook an additional hour on high. Serve over rice.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Dried Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Chicken Base $3 & Up
Better Than Bouillon $4 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.