20-Minute Beef Broccoli Recipe Is a Delicious Budget Dinner by Dawn Taylor
My family loves Chinese food, but we all know about the excessive sodium and sugar most of our favorite dishes contain. I decided to throw something together from my pantry that would hopefully be just as yummy, but wouldn't contain as much salt and sugar. This quick 20-minute beef broccoli recipe was a success!
This easy steak and broccoli recipe is what I came up with. Delicious! It only takes 20 minutes and tastes amazing. To make this Chinese stir-fry recipe you will need soy sauce, garlic, beef broth, cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic powder, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, chuck or flank steak, broccoli and onion.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- dash of salt
- 1 pound chuck steak or flank steak, cut into small strips
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into strips
- 1 large broccoli bunch, cut into florets
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Garlic Press
- I like a lighter sauce so the taste of the meat and veggies come through, but if you want more just increase the broth and soy sauce.
- Add more vegetables if you want, then you have a stir fry!
- Use a bag of packaged and ready-to-cook broccoli florets for an even easier preparation.
- Toss the meat and vegetables often to avoid overcooking, and only do this for a minute or two.
- Try this homemade Worcestershire sauce recipe.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients. Divide into two bowls.
- Add a little olive oil to a large skillet. Brown the steak then remove from heat, placing in a bowl with half of the marinade.
- Add another splash of oil to pan and cook the onions and broccoli until slightly tender.
- Add the steak back into the pan and pour the reserved marinade into the pan. Continue to toss the steak and broccoli until they are thoroughly coated and cook until tender. Serve over rice or pasta.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 34.9g
Saturated Fat: 7.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 20.2g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
Total Sugars: 11.1g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.