3-Ingredient Chicken & Gravy Recipe: A Simple Slow-cooker Chicken Recipe That's the Real Deal by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
This slow-cooker recipe is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Bonus: It’s something the whole family will enjoy, kids included! Serve this comforting meal over hot steamed rice with the vegetable of your choice.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 to 6 hours
Total Time: 4 to 6 hours
- 3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 envelopes (0.87 ounces each) chicken gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth, optional (for a thinner gravy)
- cooked rice or mashed potatoes, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Put it into the slow cooker.
- Whisk together soup, gravy mix and water or broth (if using). Pour over chicken. (Note: Do not make gravy; you only need to use the dry gravy mix.) Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts or break them into bite-sized pieces.
Note: If you want to add even more flavor, add a chopped onion or bell pepper.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Cream of Chicken Soup $2 & Up
Chicken Gravy Mix $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.