Tasty 3-Ingredient Slow-cooker Chicken & Gravy Recipe Is the Real Deal by Ann Marie Patitucci
I can’t believe how easy this chicken and gravy recipe is, especially considering that it seems like a meal that took a lot of time and effort. It takes only three ingredients and four steps! Plus it is a slow-cooker recipe, which is always nice in my book! This slow-cooker recipe is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight. Bonus: It’s something the whole family will enjoy, kids included.
The slow-cooker chicken and gravy is made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cream or mushroom soup, chicken gravy mixes, and water or chicken broth. The ingredients cook in the slow cooker on low for about four to six hours. Shred the chicken and put it back into the gravy right before serving. So delicious!
If you want to add even more flavor, add a chopped onion or bell pepper. To reduce the sodium, buy low-sodium gravy mixes and the healthy version of cream of chicken soup. Serve this comforting meal over hot steamed rice with the vegetable of your choice.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 to 6 hours
Total Time: 4 to 6 hours
- 3 - 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 envelopes (0.87 ounces each) chicken gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth, optional (for a thinner gravy)
- cooked rice or mashed potatoes, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Put it into the slow cooker.
- Whisk together soup, gravy mix and water or broth (if using). Pour over chicken. (Note: Do not make gravy; you only need to use the dry gravy mix.) Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts or break them into bite-sized pieces. Put the chicken back into the slow cooker and stir.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.