Spinach & Asparagus Frittata Squares Recipe: Lighten Up With This 5-Ingredient Frittata by 30Seconds Food
Spring is prime season for asparagus. With all the health benefits of asparagus and spinach, this easy vegetable frittata recipe is a must-make. The frittata is quick to prep and has just five wholesome ingredients.
Start by boiling asparagus until it is crisp-tender. Onions are cooked in a skillet in butter until soft, Add the fresh chopped spinach and cook until it wilts. Add the asparagus and let the mixture cool before adding beaten eggs and shredded cheddar cheese. The frittata is baked in the oven in a 13x9-inch baking pan until the eggs are set. Cool and cut into squares.
Cuisine: American / Italian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the asparagus in boiling, salted water until crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in the drained asparagus. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and asparagus mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Cool a few minutes before cutting into squares.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.