Mini Meatball Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe With Vegetables: A Fresh Take on Chicken Noodle Soup by Ann Marie Patitucci
This chicken meatball soup recipe with vegetables is a fresh take on the classic chicken noodle soup we all grew up with. It tastes as good as it looks! You can’t beat the combination of baked mini meatballs, pasta, chicken soup and vegetables!
This easy soup recipe freezes well, too. As soon as I saw my friend Jen’s photo of the soup, I knew I had to add it to my soup rotation. I recommend adding it to yours, too! It’s a feel-good recipe that sneaks in some extra greens with the fun mini meatballs and tiny pasta. The kids won’t even notice the vegetables.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup orzo or acini de pepe or other small pasta (I recommend slightly less pasta so it doesn’t soak up too much broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley, plus more for garnish
- a few handfuls of baby spinach or kale or other greens
- 1 pound ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the ground chicken, egg, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme and parsley in a medium bowl. Mix until combined. Roll into small meatballs (you should end up with around 30). Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, make the soup. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and butter. Once they’re melted, add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Add celery and carrots and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth, allspice, bay leaf and pasta. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat slightly and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is al dente. During the last 5 minutes, add meatballs. Turn off the heat and add the thyme, parsley and spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted. Serve with a garnish of fresh thyme and parsley.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Low-Sodium Chicken Broth $2 & Up
Whole Allspice $4 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Orzo $2 & Up
Acini de Pepe $2 & Up
Panko $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $2 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.