Skinny Fish Tacos Recipe: This Low-Carb Fish Taco Swims With Flavor by Sarah Amona
The fish fillets are seasoned with a little salt and pepper, ground cumin and chili powder before being baked until cooked through and flaky. Break the fish into bite-sized pieces (or leave them whole!) and pile into large lettuce leaves. Top with fresh lime juice, your favorite salad dressing, avocado or sour cream, and fresh homemade pico de gallo. Delicious. ight and healthy!
You could add any other toppings you enjoy, like low-fat shredded cheese or even fresh herbs. Light and tasty, this easy skinny fish taco recipe makes two servings, but can easily be doubled. Serve with salsa or pico de gallo for a healthy dinner or lunch.
Cuisine: American / Mexican
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- 20 ounces tilapia fillets or salmon fillets (or your favorite fish)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons salad dressing (your choice)
- 3 ounces avocado (mashed or sliced) or 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- pico de gallo
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder on both sides of the fish and put into a baking dish Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Divide the fish between the romaine leaves. Drizzle each taco with 1 teaspoon lime juice and 2 tablespoons of dressing. Add the avocado and/or sour cream and pice de gallo.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.