Crispy Cajun Turkey Thighs Recipe: A 4-Ingredient Budget Recipe With Attitude by Donna John
Because of soaring meat prices, I found myself grabbing a package of turkey thighs on my last shopping trip. This very inexpensive purchase turned into a fabulous, crispy, flavorful dinner. This easy Cajun roasted turkey thighs recipe will wake up those taste buds and is a welcome change from chicken.
All you need to make this budget recipe is turkey thighs, butter, Cajun seasoning and an onion. Nothing more, nothing less. Put the onion slices on the bottom of a baking dish. Put the turkey on top of the onions and season with salt, black pepper and Cajun seasoning. Drizzle the top of the turkey with melted butter and bake in the oven for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the turkey reaches 180 degrees internally.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours (depends on size of turkey thighs)
Total Time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
- 4 bone-in turkey thighs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted or at room temperature
- 2 - 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (I used Slap Ya Mama)
- 1 onion, cut into thick slices
Here's how to make it:
- Put the onion slices onto the bottom of a baking pan. Put the turkey thighs on the onion slices and season both sides with salt, pepper and the Cajun seasoning. Drizzle or rub the skin with the butter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting occasionally with the pan drippings, until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.