Easy Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe: A Lighter Eggplant Casserole Recipe by Ann Marie Patitucci
This no-fry eggplant parmesan recipe has the great taste of the eggplant parmesan I’m used to, but it’s baked, not fried. Perfection! The ingredient list is short for this Italian recipe: eggplant, eggs, mozzarella cheese, spaghetti sauce, seasoned Italian breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese and dried basil. The eggplant are sliced, dredged and then baked until crispy and golden. The eggplant is layered with the spaghetti sauce and cheeses and then baked.
Serve this tasty baked eggplant casserole recipe with a crisp garden salad and garlic bread for a fantastic dinner.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 eggplants, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 package (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided (I sometimes use a touch more)
- 4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Here's how to make it:
- Put beaten eggs in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another. Dip the eggplant slices in egg first, then in breadcrumbs. Make sure eggplant is fully covered in each. Place eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350-degree F oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- Cover the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish with spaghetti sauce. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.