No-Fry Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe: An Easy, Delicious & Lighter Eggplant Parmesan Recipe by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
This easy recipe has the great taste of the eggplant parmesan I’m used to, but it’s baked, not fried. Perfection! Serve with a crisp garden salad.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 eggplants, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 package (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 6 cups spaghetti sauce, divided (I sometimes use a touch more)
- 4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Here's how to make it:
- Put beaten eggs in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another. Dip the eggplant slices in egg first, then in breadcrumbs. Make sure eggplant is fully covered in each. Place eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350-degree F oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- Cover the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish with spaghetti sauce. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Spaghetti Sauce $2 & Up
Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
Dried Basil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.