Easy Baked Pepper Salmon Recipe: This Healthy Salmon Recipe Is Like Eating the Rainbow by Sarah Amona
The health benefits of salmon cannot be denied – and peppers have their own health benefits. Both of these healthy ingredients are in this easy salmon recipe. A double whammy! Throw in healthy garlic, onions and tomatoes, and this healthy recipe is a winner.
This baked salmon recipe makes one large or two small servings. It can easily be doubled or tripled for families. Serve with a salad for a refreshing and light lunch or dinner. It's an easy start to eating the rainbow!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 1 to 2
- salmon fillets (about 7 ounces)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Put salmon into a baking dish.
- Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the peppers and onions for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, pepper, oregano, basil and soy sauce.
- Cover the salmon completely with the pepper mixture. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Dried Basil $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.