Grandma's Easy-Do Fudge Recipe: Creamy, Old-fashioned Goodness by Donna John
Fudge was always on my grandma's table around the holidays. That's pretty much the only time I would think about fudge. Now, we have a local store that has a full homemade fudge counter that tempts you as soon as you walk in. Not nice! So now, making fudge has become a year-round venture.
This easy-do fudge recipe is from my grandma's recipe box. Made with semisweet chocolate chips and marshmallow crème, it's easy to make and super creamy. Don't wait until the holidays to make a batch!
To make this homemade fudge recipe you'll need butter, granulated sugar, evaporated milk, semisweet chocolate chips, marshmallow crème, vanilla extract and chopped nuts, which are optional but add some texture. The ingredients are cooked on the stovetop and then poured into a 13x9-inch pan. You have to be patient and let the fudge cool completely before cutting it into pieces and devouring it. Good luck!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 17 to 20 minutes plus time to cool
Servings: Makes 3 pounds
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow crème
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the butter, sugar and milk in a heavy saucepan. Over low heat, bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 5 minutes, stirring to avoid scorching. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir vigorously, making certain all particles are dissolved. Pour into a greased 13x9-inch pan. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.