Crunchy Cracklins Chicken Breast Recipe: This Tasty Chicken Recipe Cooks in 5 Minutes by Donna John
Pork rinds, fried pork skins, cracklins, chicharrones. Whatever you call those crispy, crunchy nuggets of fried pork goodness, they are a great coating for fried foods. After the success of my thin-cut Italian chicken breasts recipe, finding new ways to use this cut of chicken became a priority. And here is another crunchy-as-all-get-out recipe!
You can use regular fried pork skins or spicy pork skins for this easy chicken recipe. If you use spicy chicharrones, you may want to cut back or omit the chili powder or use paprika instead to season the chicken breast. Serve this crunchy chicken with a grain and your favorite vegetable.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- thin-cut-chicken breasts (I used four thin-cut chicken breast)
- 1 bag fried pork skins or spicy fried pork skins
- chili powder or paprika, to taste (I used chili powder)
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the chili powder or paprika, to taste. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Flip the chicken over and repeat on the other side.
- Crush the pork rinds and put them on a plate. (If you have a large bag of pork rinds, you will not need the whole bag.)
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet. (I used about 2 tablespoons.) Dredge the chicken in the crushed pork skins, pressing so they adhere.
- Put the chicken into the hot oil. Cook the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes on the first side or until very golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the chicken over and cook about 1 more minute or until cooked through and crispy on both sides. (You may need to add more olive oil during the cooking process.)
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Fried Pork Skins (Chicharrones) $2 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.