Creamy Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe: A Secret Ingredient Takes This Classic Casserole Recipe to the Next Level by Ann Marie Patitucci
I’ve seen lots of broccoli cheese casserole recipes topped with crackers, breadcrumbs and stuffing (how I make it). But my friend Sherry’s broccoli casserole recipe has a special ingredient that I’d never heard of before she shared it with me – she uses crushed cornflakes!
If you like broccoli cheese casserole, you have got to try this easy version. It's a classic casserole recipe elevated!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) fresh or frozen broccoli (use frozen steam-in-bag to save time)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
Here's how to make it:
- Cook or microwave the broccoli as directed on the package.
- Combine soup, eggs, mayonnaise and cheeses. Mix well.
- Add broccoli and mix again. Pour into a greased 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- Melt butter and mix into the crushed cornflakes. Cover casserole with the cornflake mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes prior to serving.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cornflakes $3 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Cream of Mushroom Soup $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.