Skinny Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe With Ricotta: This Healthy Casserole Recipe Is Fabulous by Sarah Amona
Tender eggplant is baked with a blended tomato sauce and three cheeses to golden, melty perfection. This skinny eggplant casserole recipe is a healthy vegetarian dinner or light lunch.
The easy eggplant recipe makes two servings, but can easily be doubled for a family. Serve with a fresh salad or your favorite vegetable.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 eggplant, sliced thin
- 4 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes (pour into a blender and puree)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Here's how to make it:
- Place the sliced eggplant on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Place half the eggplant in a small baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of the tomatoes that have been blended, 1 ounce of reduced fat mozzarella, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasonings.
- Add the rest of the eggplant on top. Top the eggplant with the other 1/4 cup of blended tomatoes, the other 1 ounce of reduced fat mozzarella, 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1/4 tsp of Italian seasonings.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned and melted.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $20 & Up
Italian Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Dried Italian Seasonings $2 & Up
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.