Creamy White Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe With Croutons Tastes Like a Bowl of Freshness by 30Seconds Food
This broccoli cheese soup recipe calls for white cheddar cheese, but you could definitely use yellow cheddar if that's your preference. Store-bought croutons are fine to use, but why not make it even tastier by making homemade croutons?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets and stalks peeled and chopped (divided)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- yogurt or sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- croutons, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter in a large soup pot. Add the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli stalks and potato to the pot along with the water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until broccoli and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add half of the broccoli florets to the pot, cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the remaining broccoli florets. Cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese. Cook, stirring, until smooth and melted. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with yogurt or sour cream and croutons.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.