Creamy White Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe With Croutons Is a Bowl Full of Freshness by 30Seconds Food
There may be no better way to welcome spring than by making this creamy white cheddar broccoli soup recipe. Smooth, creamy and loaded with healthy broccoli, this easy white cheddar soup recipe with croutons is a bowl full of freshness. The florets and stems are both used in this broccoli soup recipe, which ups the fiber and nutrition.
This broccoli cheese soup recipe calls for white cheddar cheese, but you could definitely use yellow cheddar if that's your preference. Store-bought croutons are fine to use, but why not make it even tastier by making homemade croutons?
This delicious vegetarian soup recipe comes together in about 45 minutes, and makes a hearty lunch or delightful dinner. Serve this savory soup with a side salad for extra vegetables.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets and stalks peeled and chopped (divided)
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- yogurt or sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- croutons, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter in a large soup pot. Add the onion. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli stalks and potato to the pot along with the water. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until broccoli and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add half of the broccoli florets to the pot, cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the remaining broccoli florets. Cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese. Cook, stirring, until smooth and melted. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with yogurt or sour cream and croutons, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.