Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch Copycat Recipe Will Make Your Life Better by Donna John
Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch is one of my favorite condiments. I've used it on Asian dumplings, egg rolls, spring rolls, chicken, pork and have stirred it into rice noodles and fried rice. One day I thought, what if they stop selling it? Hmm. The solution was this easy chili onion crunch copycat recipe.
Store this spicy chili onion crunch in the pantry, not the refrigerator, because it will harden if it gets cold. Not sure how to use this spicy condiment? Here are 30 ways to use Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch.
Cuisine: American / Asian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons dehydrated minced onions or dehydrated minced toasted onion (or a combination)
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated minced bell pepper (you could omit this and add more dehydrated onion and garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Here's how to make it:
- In a small saucepot, heat the olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes and paprika. Cook over very low heat, stirring, for about 1 or 2 minutes or until it is fragrant.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a small mason jar. Pour in the infused oil and stir to combine.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.