Best Boozy Shamrock Shake® Recipe: This Mint Milkshake Cocktail Is What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day by Elisa Schmitz, 30Seconds
The McDonald's Shamrock Shake® is legendary. According to McDonald's, the Shamrock Shake® was created in 1967 by Hal Rosen, "a Connecticut McDonald’s owner and operator who made the delicious, mint shake in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. It later debuted in select locations across the U.S. in 1970, and was an instant success."
But little did the company know that its fabulous mint milkshake recipe would also become a delicious cocktail. You can make your own version of a boozy Shamrock Shake® at home. It's an easy and delicious way to celebrate St. Patricks' Day, the spirited way. And, it can be an after-dinner drink and a dessert, all rolled into one sensational sip!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 - 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 ounces crème de menthe
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 4 - 6 drops green food coloring (to your desired level of green-ness)
- whipped cream, for topping (to taste)
- mint leaves or shamrocks, for garnish (optional)
- maraschino cherry, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Add ice cream, milk, crème de menthe, vodka and food coloring to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream. Garnish with mint leaves or shamrock decoration, and maraschino cherry, if desired. Serve with a straw or spoon (or both).
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.