Easy Bakery-Style Pistachio Muffins Recipe Screams St. Patrick's Day by Donna John
Moist and full of pistachio flavor, this pistachio muffin recipe is addictive. These delicious pistachio muffins really do taste like the ones you'd buy at a bakery. This easy muffin recipe is a sweet and satisfying snack, or serve a basket of them for breakfast or brunch.
The moist, bakery-style pistachio muffins are made with melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, a box of instant pistachio pudding mix, baking powder, salt, milk, flour and chopped pistachios. The butter and sugar are creamed together with an electric mixer and then the eggs and vanilla are added. The pudding mix, baking powder, salt and milk are added, then the flour and chopped pistachios. Mix until just combined for the tenderest muffins. The muffins start out baking at 425 degrees F and then the temperature is reduced to 350 degrees F for the remaining baking time. The result is moist muffins that taste like they're from a baker.
If you want a more intense green color, put a few drops of green food coloring into the batter before baking. Because of the green color, these pistachio muffins just scream St. Patrick's Day! Bake them in fun shamrock baking cups or green baking liners.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 to 18 minutes
Total Time: 26 to 28 minutes
Servings: Makes about 12 muffins
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios (optional)
- green food coloring (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer for about 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add the pudding mix, baking powder, salt and milk. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour and stir until combined.
- Fold in the pistachios, if using.
- Fill muffin cups lined with baking liners about 3/4 full with the batter. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 7 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue to bake another 9 to 11 minutes or until cooked. Remove and cool.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.