Best Roasted Beets Recipe: This Mediterranean Baked Beets Recipe Is a Surprisingly Savory Side Dish by Elisa Schmitz
Beets are one of those vegetables that many people either love or hate. I was neutral about beets until recently; I could take them or leave them. But because my husband loves beets, I was determined to find a way to actually enjoy them.
This is the best roasted beets recipe because it's simple and savory, and rich in Mediterranean flavor. This easy roasted beets recipe is so versatile, too. It can be served warm as a side dish, or later cold in a salad.
Another reason I'm excited about this beet recipe is because I'm watching my cholesterol, and beets may help lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation and increase heart health, among other health benefits. Give this recipe a try and see if it changes your mind about beets, too!
Cuisine: American / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 55 minutes
Total Time: 55 to 65 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 8 beets, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of half a lemon (you can use a whole lemon if you prefer more lemon flavor)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mediterranean herb seasoning (I used Weber)
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings. Stir to combine. Add the beets to the mixture and toss to coat.
- Pour the beets into a 9x12-inch casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with the casserole lid or aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 to 55 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.