Lazy Leprechaun Float Recipe: This Lemon-Lime Irish Float Recipe Is a Refreshing St. Patrick's Day Sip by Elisa Schmitz
If you want to celebrate St. Patrick's Day without putting in all the effort to make Irish soda bread, apple cake or corned beef and cabbage, or if you're looking for a refreshing St. Paddy's Day mocktail, then this lazy leprechaun float is just the thing. It's festive and fun and, best of all, ready in less than 5 minutes.
This simple Irish float recipe has just two ingredients – lime sherbet and lemon-lime soda – but you can dress it up with shamrocks, paper straws and fun napkins. Your family will appreciate all that "effort" you put into making St. Patrick's Day extra special (don't worry, we won't tell). Cheers!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 scoops lime sherbet
- 10 ounces lemon-lime soda, (more or less, to desired consistency)
- mint for garnish, if desired
Here's how to make it:
- Put the lime sherbet into a tall glass or small mason jar.
- Slowly fill the glass with lemon-lime soda. Be careful, because it will get fizzy and you don't want it to overflow. If you prefer a smoother drink, stir to combine. If you prefer more of a shake, serve immediately.
- Garnish the glass with festive straws, drink stirrers, shamrocks or even a sprig of mint for garnish, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.