Best Copycat McDonald's Shamrock Shake® Recipe: Try This Festive St. Patrick's Day Drink at Home by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
One of the best St. Patrick's Day treats just may be the mint milkshake, which was created and launched into popular culture by McDonald's as the Shamrock Shake® in 1967. According to McDonald's, the Shamrock Shake® was created by Hal Rosen, "a Connecticut McDonald’s owner and operator who made the delicious, mint shake in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. It later debuted in select locations across the U.S. in 1970, and was an instant success."
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 - 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, or to taste
- 4 to 6 drops green food coloring (to your desired level of green-ness)
- whipped cream, for topping (to taste)
- mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Add ice cream, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired. Serve with a straw or spoon (or both).
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blenders $25 & Up
Milkshake Glasses $8 & Up
Milkshake Straws $4 & Up
Peppermint Extract $4 & Up
Green Food Coloring $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.