Cheesy Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers Recipe Like Grandma Used to Make by 30Seconds Food
Stuffed bell peppers are a classic comfort food recipe still served in kitchens across the country. The fillings for the bell peppers vary from state to state and family to family. This easy stuffed pepper recipe uses sweet red peppers, ground beef, tomato sauce and either cooked rice or potatoes. You can't go wrong!
Do not overcook the potatoes or rice for this recipe. Keep both on the almost-tender side because they will continue to cook in the oven. If the potatoes are too tender, they may fall apart as you mix them into the ground beef.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 5 - 6 large red bell peppers (you could use green, yellow or orange, or a combination)
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce (divided)
- 2 cups cooked rice or cooked cubed potatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or your favorite cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat as you stir, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add 2 cups of the tomato sauce and rice or cubed potatoes. Gently mix to combine.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membranes. Place in a baking pan. Divide the meat mixture between the peppers.
- Cover the pan and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until meat is cooked through and peppers are tender.
- Uncover and spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the top of the meat. Cover with the cheese. Continue to bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese has melted.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.