Pan-Seared Cod Recipe With Chile Lime Butter: Do Not Lose This Easy Cod Recipe by Sarah Amona
Juicy cod fillets are quickly pan seared then drizzled with a zesty lime butter. This healthy cod recipe is certainly one you do not want to lose!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Chili Lime Butter
- 3 tablespoons light butter (for example, Light Land O' Lakes Butter with Canola Oil)
- 1 teaspoons grated fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh serrano chilies, including seeds
- 30 ounces cod fillets (should yield 3 cooked portions of 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- To make the chile lime butter, stir together butter, shallot, zest, lime juice, chile and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pat fish dry and sprinkle with salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until about smoking. Sear fish, using a spatula to turn once, until golden and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Divide fish into 3 portions of 7 ounces each. Serve each serving with 1 tablespoon of chile lime butter.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.