Thin & Crisp Ukrainian Oatmeal Cookies Recipe Is the Perfect Dunk by 30Seconds Food
Everyone seems to have their own take on oatmeal cookies for dessert. This Ukrainian oatmeal cookie recipe is thin, crisp and the perfect cookie to dunk in coffee or milk.
If you're an oatmeal cookie lover, be sure to try Cape Cod oatmeal cookies (from the 1950s!), three-ingredient oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies. They're all delicious, but we're sure you'll find a favorite!
As we enjoy these oatmeal cookies, let's send positive energy and thoughts to the strong and brave people of Ukraine. If you want to help, here are some ways to support Ukraine.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 22 to 25 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Here's how to make it:
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer bowl or with a handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Slowly start to add in the oats until well combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on parchment paper-covered baking sheets. Press the balls with your fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are golden and edges crisp.
Note: For the crispiest cookies, bake one cookie sheet at a time.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cookie Sheets $8 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Old-Fashioned Oats $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Stand Mixers $50 & Up
Handheld Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.