Cheesy Fiesta Potato Soup Recipe: This Easy Potato Soup Recipe Uses Pantry Ingredients by Sarah Griffin
Cuisine: American / Mexican
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 3/4 of a 3-pound bag Yukon gold potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with green chiles (I used Rotel)
- I box (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 box (32 ounces) Velveeta, diced
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- Creole seasoning, to taste (I used Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning)
Here's how to make it:
- Put everything except Velveeta into a soup pot. Add enough water to cover if broth doesn't completely cover the potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Creole seasoning, to taste. Boil until the potatoes are tender.
- With a potato masher, gently mash some of the potatoes to thicken up the soup.
- Add the Velveeta and stir until melted.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Potato Mashers $6 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Rotel Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning $3 & Up
Creole Seasoning $3 & Up
Velveeta $7 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.