Easy Creamy Ukrainian Mushroom Soup Recipe: Is Silky Smooth & Delish by 30Seconds Food
It seems like every part of the world has their own take on mushroom soup. Hungarian mushroom soup has whole mushrooms in a creamy broth, while this Ukrainian mushroom soup recipe is blended into a creamy pureed mushroom broth. The result is silky smooth mushroom goodness. The mushrooms you save for the top add some texture and more mushroom flavor.
The shopping list is short for this mushroom soup recipe: olive oil, onion, carrot, mushrooms, garlic, chicken or vegetable broth, potatoes, dried thyme and half and half or whole milk. Serve this easy mushroom soup recipe with crusty bread. You could even put a dollop of sour cream on it like some do in Ukraine.
As we enjoy this creamy mushroom soup, let's send positive energy and thoughts to the strong and brave people of Ukraine. If you want to help, here are some ways to support Ukraine.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 8 ounces baby bella, cremini, shiitake or your favorite mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 russet potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Use your favorite mushrooms for this Ukrainian soup. Try a combination of wild mushrooms!
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a soup pot. Add the onion and carrot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining olive oil and the mushrooms to the same pot. Cook until they soften and begin to brown, about 6 minutes. Remove to another plate.
- Add the garlic to the pot and cook 30 seconds. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Add potatoes, reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, onion and 3/4 of the mushrooms back to the pot along with the thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add the half and half and bring to just a simmer. Remove from the heat.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the remaining mushrooms.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.