Skinny Baked Chicken Recipe With Tomato Braised Cauliflower: A Winner Winner Healthy Chicken Dinner by Sarah Amona
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 green onions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups diced canned tomatoes
- 4 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- 1 cup fresh basil, gently torn
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- In a saucepan, combine the green onions, garlic, crushed red pepper, oregano, tomatoes and cauliflower and water. Bring everything to a boil. Season with a 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Cover the pot with a lid and gently simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken breast with olive oil and roast in the oven at 450-degree F oven for about 20 minutes to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice chicken. Serve on a bed of tomato braised cauliflower.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepans $10 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $1 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.