Cheesy French Onion Chicken Recipe With Pasta & Caramelized Onions Is a One-Pan Wonder by 30Seconds Food
With the popularity of our French onion meatballs recipe, we thought another French onion recipe was in order. This one-pan French onion chicken and pasta recipe is rich, cheesy and absolutely flavor packed.
The caramelized onions add a hint of sweetness, the beef broth the richness and the heavy cream and cheese the creaminess. This one-pan recipe is on tastiness overload.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 37 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 47 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces penne pasta (or your favorite short pasta)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until browned and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet. Season the chicken with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Put the onions back into the skillet along with the beef broth and pasta. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook until pasta is tender and liquid has cooked out, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the cream, mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir to combine and heat through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pine Nuts $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.